Vhöl - Vhol (Profound Lore Records)

(Black Metal/Crust)

    Vhöl is a band consisted from members of YOB, Hammers of Misfortune, Agalloch and Ludicra. Their effort is a great black metal album with a twist of melody in some songs, that personally reminded me of a dark-ish power metal riffs. I was never a big fan of the American interpretation of black metal, but here the guys made an album that is not copying anything, it has its own personality and it is original. 7 tracks with great riffs, nice drumming and cool vocals from Mike Scheidt. To be honest when i first found out about this collaboration I thought "oh another snatch!", but afterwards I reconsidered the quality and the approach that the members of this band have in their previous works and it was clear when I first listened to the album...sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.